Thursday, February 7, 2013

"What are you doing?"

This is a blog which will trace the progress of our Jersey Girl, our beloved seven year Akita/Red Heeler mix dog who was recently diagnosed with a form of malignant Lymphosarcoma.  It's a form of cancer which has no known cure and is very,very aggressive.  Without some form of Chemotherapy the prognosis can be as short as four weeks.  Through managing its spread through her system and not discounting the possibility of miracles, the outcome can possibly be extended.  There are no guarantees but at least she'll have a fighting chance.

In addition to Jersey, this space will trace the progress of my wife and I as we make our way down this particular uncharted path. I for one sometimes not very good at keeping what I'm thinking to myself.  I've never been very private or stoic. I've always worn my heart on my sleeve and been very open and public, perhaps too open, about my inner thoughts and feelings.  Sometimes I don't leave much for myself and have been too vulnerable in sharing where I'm at.

You'll also find I'm very conversational and personal in my writing.  My style has always been conversational, even if it appears that I'm talking to myself.  I've just found it much more real.  I also find the style theraputic.  If I can somehow release my thoughts and feelings and get them out, I can put things in perspective and and allow myself some sense of sanity.  I also get long winded and am not very good at getting to the point quickly and concisely

I'll do my best to post on a regular bases.  I hope at least something small every day.  I know there are folks who have become invested in these developments and want regular updates on how Jersey is doing.

Well, here's the first one. Jersey Update: We went to the beach for a little while yesterday where she was off and on leash. Her squeals of delight and her beauty and spirit were very evident as she tried to run and walked gently on leash at my side along the waters edge. The contened smile on her face and nap she had when we got home, more than justified the brief excursion. I figured the pieces of jelly fish and goose poop she found and ate would be no worse than the chemo she starts tomorrow. Be who you are Jersey, eat that poop and jellyfish! Also, rather than clog up FB news feeds, I'm going to create a blog where people who are interested can track her progress and track my progress as we make this journey.

I'll try to pretty up this page and at least make it something nice to look at.  I'll post pictures.

Thanks for being with me, you have no idea how much it means.

No comments:

Post a Comment