Wednesday, April 3, 2013

www.jerseysplace.org

Jersey's Place is now more than just a blog and a group on Facebook.  It's also a web page  which can be found at www.jerseysplace.org

As regular readers of this blog know, Jersey was our beloved Akita/Red Heeler mix who passed away on March 6, 2012.  She was much too young to be stricken by canine lymphoma which took her life.  We miss her everyday.

Throughout the course of her illness I actively blogged about her journey and provided updates on a Facebook group with progress reports of how she was doing on a daily basis.  Sadly, she was gone less than a month after her first chemo treatment.  As a matter of fact, today marks 4 weeks since she she passed away.

Since then, I've continued posting at those two places.  I've tried to share the story of the aftermath and the effect it has had on us.  If sharing what I experienced is helpful to someone else going through the same thing, I will feel I have accomplished something; that what I have had to go through has made a difference.

The Facebook group Jersey's Place currently has over 90 followers. Many of them have come to feel they knew Jersey and followed her story daily.  There was an outpouring of support and shared tears when she died.  They all went through it with me and for that I am grateful. Her story touched people. I am happy, humbled and blown away at the impact she has had on so many, even now a month after her death.

It is with these feelings in mind that I decided to try to memorialize her in way that captured her undying spirit.

I had orange wristbands made up with "Jersey's Place" debossed on one side and "BELIEVE in a cure..." debossed on the other.  My aim is to raise money for the National Canine Cancer Foundation which is dedicated to finding a cure for the horrible disease which claimed our girl. People can make donations in her name and help keep her spirit alive while having a huge impact on those who might benefit from a cure.

For more information and to find out how to donate visit www.jerseysplace.org

We are the guardians of our pets and stand together on their behalf. Welcome to Jersey's Place.  Come on in...

No comments:

Post a Comment