Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Raison d'etre

I was thinking yesterday about why I continue to post here and came to the conclusion that it's about more than me and Jersey and the sadness I feel at her loss. Sure, it's a venue for me to exorcise my feelings but it's bigger than that. Not only is it my way "to get over it" it's for whomever might benefit by what my experience has been.  It's for whomever has lost their own "Jersey" and doesn't know what's going on; whose head might be spinning around because they've lost their beloved companion; it's for those who have been devestated by their loss and might not realize that what they're feeling is normal.  It's for those who might feel alone in their grief.

If one person is touched by what I share and they can say to themselves "I get it.  This upside down, topsy-turvy vortex I have been thrown into is what happens." then I feel it's been successful.  I started out wanting to share her beauty and spirit but it has evolved into more than that. Though it is about Jersey, it's also about me and you and anyone and everyone who has been touched by grief. I know my experience is universal and is one thing we all have in commonl.  If what I am going through can be of benefit to just one person it means Jersey has been a teacher for them as well.

My wish is that people understand they're not alone and that someone else understands.

Jersey was my gift and I share it with you.  I hope it's a gift that fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment